Tuesday, November 17, 2009

this may give you a chuckle

to my faithful readers . . . (all four of you)
I have so much to catch you up on, but will start with a short story about what happened to me this morning.

I have resumed my "running" career. Running may be overstating it by quite a lot. Jogging or bouncy walking is probably more accurate. I'm horrifically slow, but can only get better, right? To assist me in this quest I've found all kinds of technological wonders. It started with my new pink Ironman watch. The watch syncs up with my Ipod which I can control through the watch- Brilliant! Passersby likely think I'm quite fixated on my times when in reality I'm searching for songs or adjusting volume! My next find came from a recommendation of one of the MD's at work. This is a Nike-ipod gizmo which was supposed to work as a pedometer- you can sync it online and keep a record of your runs. And then finally Ashley told me about a free ap on my iPhone "mapyourrun" which I tried out concurrently today with the nike-ipod thing. To make a long story short, I hadn't calibrated the Nike-ipod thing properly so that was a bust, but the iPhone ap was brilliant. At the conclusion of the run, but before I was home (I walk a bit to cool down) I removed my headset to unhook everything. Just as I removed my head set I heard what sounded like an older woman crying "help me". Yikkes, where was that coming from? I quickly stuffed everything into my pocket and traced the sounds of the cries "help me, help me" she continued to cry. I ran through a bit of private property, quite nervous about what awaited me . . . I got to the back of the property to find the old lady there, standing and chewing grass.
It was a Nanny Goat bleating out "help me"

She had the last laugh- I felt rather ridiculous- I retraced my steps thankful that my neighbor wasn't home to observe me crashing through his property. I'm wondering what she was thinking . . .

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Hahahahaha that's HILARIOUS! Glad you liked the app so much - I love it!

Ingrid said...

SOOOOO funny! I can just picture it. BTW... Drew is wishing for the Nike Ped thing...

Lore said...

I think a had the last laugh, in fact I am still laughing. Boy all that technology and then running or walking or bouncing. Does that go together? Mom