Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Viva Las Vegas

Some people come for the shows, others for the food, some to gamble, go to a spa or a combination of all. I come to relax and do very little. I packed my 1000 plus page book having read about 400 pages before the trip. I also packed my new green polka dot bikini, and of course my work out clothes.
Our room was a magnificent suite- it contained a bar, a living room, a dining area, a bedroom and a bathroom which was bigger than a NYC apartment.
Shortly after arrival I whipped out my book and set to work. It was slightly sunny, but certainly not bikini weather. Off to the pool, bundled in some towels I started digesting my cheery book (kidding) set in the late middle ages. The book, Ken Follets follow up to his masterpiece "Pillars of the Earth", is an equally engaging story. I found myself reading whenever possible and nearly finished the book before our trip to the airport this afternoon.
Located in the Mirage is the studio of Kim Vo- master hair colorist. I wonder how much it would cost to have my hair colored there? Definitely I had grey peaking out at the top, temples and framing the face. Well, I didn't need to ask because- ta-da- yes- I packed a box of my go to "medium brown" by Revlon- 10 minutes later my hair was restored to it's look of 20 years ago, and for a lot less money. I wondered what the housekeepers thought when they cleaned the bathroom and saw my discarded box of hair coloring? The probably shook their heads and thought "trailer trash"
And so yesterday was spent working out- eating out- and of course, reading.
Today we had lovely sun and so on went the polka dot bikini- A couple of hours outside got me close to the end of the book and a little color obtained on my winter white skin.
As I write this we are stuck in the Las Vegas airport due to weather delays at home.
I don't care- it gives me a little longer to finish my book, catch up on emails and savor the memories of a wonderful get away!

2 comments:

Lore said...

Glad you had such a good, relaxing get-away, a well deserved one at that. Mom

Unknown said...

i love that