Wednesday, March 3, 2010

post surgical notes

typing is a bit of a chore so I know you will forgive the brevity of this entry.

two notes from yesterday:
prior to the procedure the anesthesiologist comes in and asks me all the normal questions. He was standing there apprising me and asks me "do you think you can walk up two flights of stairs without becoming short of breath?". Now, I'm certain this is a normal question, but for some reason, it quite pissed me off. When i told the story at dinner last night the boys wondered if I replied with a "yes, can you?" or a "I swam 2 miles last night and ran 6 on Sunday" . . . but, no- I was nice and just said, yes. The thing is, you don't want to antagonize the man responsible for your comfort during surgery.

on the other hand, a sweet comment. During recovery the nurse said "do you have little ones to take care of at home?" what? and she repeated her question. I laughed and said, have you checked my age? my youngest is 20. She smiled and said "you don't look your age"

she, made my day.

1 comment:

Lore said...

Looking at the picture gives me an uncomfortable feeling. Hopefully you can see a big improvement. How does it feel being fussed over by 3 men? Take care of yourself. Mom