Sunday, December 30, 2007

Feeling a bit ridiculous


Growing up diaries were kept under lock and key (and under a stack of underwear in a drawer) for fear that anyone would read your secret thoughts. Entries were written and then forgotten quickly and seldom re-read. The notion of blogging is a little hard for me to wrap my head around. I'm supposed to write things down that potentially could be viewed by strangers and to what end? It's almost as if, when we blog, we assume that our thoughts are so important as to post them for mass consumption. That being said, I blog only due to extreme peer pressure. I don't think that anything I'm about to write is necessarily important or thought provoking but, in order to justify my continued nagging of my daughter, blog I must.

These entries will undoubtedly be boring, musings from the slightly addled mind of a nearly 50 year old. You have been warned, should you decide to revisit- don't complain, the disclaimer has been made.

This evening is my debut blog- it is a mere introduction as now I find myself longing to go watch more "weeds" on DVD. this will have to do for today

. . . . besides, aren't you supposed to keep them wanting more?

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Lucky us - we get to enter your "mangled mind!" Looking forward to your eventual adaptation into a novel!