Sunday, September 14, 2008

Aloha!

We have arrived!
My intention was to update daily with pictures without checking first to see if this computer has a card reader slot . . .it does not. Dave has suggested that they may be able to upload and email me pictures to post, we may try that.

Let me go back a couple of days and help explain why I've been so absent lately.

The rental property we are buying has been all time consuming. I won't go into detail but suffice to say that "gutting" a property and then restoring it for rental takes a little time. Then there were last minute loan kerfuffles which caused a small ulcer to develop (kidding). Between Bruce and our property manager John, I have left California with full confidence that things will be fine.

Thursday I happened to get on the computer to just check the status of flights.
My return flight was there (as changed a few weeks back) but, the departing flight was absent. In my hand I held my confirmation papers and called United. I called them and the clerk denied that I had a reservation. We "discussed" this for a few minutes and then I asked to talk to someone else. It took about 20 minutes but ultimately they "found" a flight for me. We actually left earlier than previously booked which made Randy happy and since it was a last minute flight I upgraded us to the bigger seats so that we could sit together. Well spent $100 total as we were comfortable on our way here. We arrived yesterday afternoon- hit the market and then found our way to the Whitmers.

The condo where Dave and Loie have their time share is gorgeous. I'll post pictures just as soon as possible.

I did take a short ocean swim yesterday. I underestimated how disorienting the waves would be. I'm not too worried about the swim portion of the tri but am determined not to let my swim fitness suffer too much. It's already the middle of the month and due to all the extraneous demands lately I've only logged two days worth of mileage swimming!

more later- aloha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aloha! I'm glad you got there and you are alreay enjoying the island and your hosts. We are all envious, but happy for you!