Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Lesson learned last year

If you remember the tale of last years triathlon you will recall the enormous transition times I endured trying to get the appropriate gear on for each leg of the race.

I went totally old school- one piece bathing suit for the swim, donning a tank top and bike shorts for the cycling and then just changing into sneakers for the run. Of course fretting about going to the bathroom between legs didn't help either.

This year I decided I was going to shave at least 5 minutes off of last years time in transition only. I'm also hoping to shave another 5 minutes off in the course of the three events. Step one, which I have easy control over, change my "outfit" for the day.

Consequently I ordered (and have received) a "tri suit" this one piece wonder will take me from swim to run with no changing. My only obligation will be to change into appropriate footwear. This year I'll forgo all the bathroom fussing as well.

so, in anticipation of "tri season" I'm beginning my cross training in June determined to be more succesful this year. Anyone out there care to join me?

2 comments:

Ingrid said...

Love the onesie! Sorry I don't have the prep time or stamina to join you!

Lore said...

We will opt for cheering you on. When is this event? Even if we have to do it from a distance, we will be in the cheering sectin for you. Mom