Wednesday, July 30, 2008

An amazing relationship

I'm not as much of a "Youtube" watcher as others in my family but this one is not to be missed.

Christian the Lion was purchased from Harrods department store in London by two gentlemen who lived in London and worked in a furniture shop. (Remember, this was 1969 and selling exotic animals was "okay". ) The two kept Christian until he became too large to stay in the city- at that point they flew with him to Nairobi Kenya where they gave him to George Adamson at the Kenya Hora Reserve for the purpose of reintroduction to the wild. One year later the two went back to see him and were cautioned by George that he had reintegrated successfully and may not recognize them

It is truly astonishing and heartwarming. The bonds of a wonderful relationship are amazing.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

yeah I saw this video after someone in my play sent it to me - SO cute!

Anonymous said...

I've seen this before... no need to use another box of tissues on it today!