Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I'm Back!

It's over! My self imposed exhile from blogging and into the dark world of politics has finally ended. I can stop looking at Realclearpolitics.com, Politico.com, Huffingtonpost.com and fivethirtyeight.com every 15 minutes. I WILL stop looking at the forum on Comcast, and I will stop trying to change the minds of deeply entrenched wingnuts on the same forum.
I am free at last!

Last night was beautiful. At 8:00 pacific standard time, when the networks all called the election Randy, Kyle and I enjoyed a glass of champagne, a toast to the future and the incredible video from Chicago.
John McCains concession speech was sincere and clear, Barack's acceptance speech was inspiring.

And now, we move forward.

As an aside, if she were still alive, Betsy would be celebrating her 38th birthday today.
Betsy was our poodle mix dog when we were growing up- one of the BEST dogs ever.
Happy Birthday Betsy- say "woof" to Akita for us, will you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dang you Linda! I thought I'd cried all my tears last night. Everytime I wrote November 5 today I could not shake it had important meaning, but I could not remember why. Thanks for the sweet memory!