Thursday, November 20, 2008

still falling behind

I have great intentions, I really do.
If you could get into my head you would know I'm full of great ideas and plans, it's the damn execution of those that gets in my way.

I have a lot to talk about, but it's a work night and I'm terribly behind in the sleep department.
I was just preparing to head into bed when I took one last look at online sources. Though I'm slowly weaning myself from the forums on comcast (more on that later), I still must look at Huffingtonpost.com and Politico.com before I can call the day done.

In my foray into Huffington I looked at Entertainment news. Two of my favorite shows are being cancelled! Ely Stone and Pushing Daisies are going away! I'm a little bit verklempt right now.
I know the pictures I chose are not terribly reflective of the shows, but in my current state of sleepiness, it's about the best I could muster! I love watching Ely Stone on Tuesdays, one because I think the premise is wonderful and I enjoy the musical interludes- two because Ashley always calls around 10:10-10:20 as she is headed home from Herald night. . . who will keep me company until Ashley calls if Ely is gone?
Pushing Daisies is a show that Kyle and I discovered last year. It's fun, whimsical and looks visually like a Tim Burton production. I think Kyle has a little crush on Kristin Chenowith. I'm safe saying this as I am relatively certain he NEVER reads my blog- if he does- so be it, if I was a guy I'd probably enjoy looking at her too.

so, this is my Thursday night despair.

At least I still have Top Chef to look forward to . . . . .

tomorrow I'll further update you and tell you about my dark adventures into the comcast forums . . . .

4 comments:

Ashley said...

NOOOO!!!! I love Pushing Daisies! This is so sad...

Lore said...

Welcome back. I look at Ashley's blog every day but at least I see her in the reply here. Mom

Customer.Connect.Melissa said...

Hello!

I work for Comcast Corporate and saw your blog. If there is anything our team can help you with in regards to our products or services, please feel free to email us at We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com. We'd be glad to help.

Kind Regards,
Melissa Mendoza
Comcast Customer Connect
National Customer Operations

Anonymous said...

Does anyone else find it a little creepy that Comcast employees are reading blogs... I wonder if that cost is reflected in the pricing of Comcast services? Actually, you almost can't convince me it's not. Maybe Miss Melissa can keep some of the hateful homophobes off the wires!