Wednesday, April 15, 2009

It's all in the presentation

You've heard this before right?
For good food to be considered great, it's in the presentation.
A great screenplay is only as good as it's presented.
A compliment, is only that when presented correctly.

As you may or may not know I ABHOR being called tan. To my ears this translates to "oh dear, you should take better care of your skin" or " you will look old before your time" etc. I know people don't all mean that, but it's the hanging pause . . . "you are soooooo tan..........." how do you respond to that?

This evening, after my swim, I was headed to the comfort of the hot hot shower. My pool friend Helena, a lovely Czech woman said to me, "you have the most beautiful beautiful skin color"

It was all in the presentation.
A compliment which I received, and didn't doubt.
I will continue to use my 70 sunscreen, but the next time someone gives me the "you are soooo tan . . . . " I will instead hear, " you have the most beautiful beautiful skin color"

1 comment:

Lore said...

There you go, that's how it was meant from most people anyway. Mom