Thursday, June 26, 2008

A beautiful word . . .

It's like a game show from the 60's. Put the two pictures together to sound out the most wonderful word to hear today.

Two days ago, after a follow up digital mammogram, I had a breast biopsy done. To preface this let me tell you what the radiologist said when she read the second mammogram, "I'm not 100% sure it's cancer" . . . hummmm, not the most reassuring thing to hear. Anyhow, I kept a very positive attitude- at the very least I realized that we found the little bugger very early and treatment, should it be necessary, would be simple. After we finished the biopsy on Tuesday she told me she would call in 4-5 business days to let me know results. Here, two days later, she calls with the GREAT news and the only caveat is that I need to go back in 6 months.

The past 2 weeks have been excellent in terms of giving perspective. Life is short- make the most of the time you have, and take good care of yourself. So, the moment the doctor gives permission (this weekend) I'm back in the pool AND am starting training in earnest for the "See Jane Tri" a ladies only triathlon which benefits breast cancer research. Randy and I have had time to make promises to keep care of ourselves, and each other. I hope you all will do the same.

To the ladies out there, be sure to keep current on your mammograms!






3 comments:

Ashley said...

What a relief! And it's nice to see that you already seem much more relaxed, updating your blog and all... I LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

That's what I'm talking about! The best news all day, no, month, no year, no lifetime! I'm your running partner. When you feel up to it let's go!. Your definately yourself again. Keep up the good thoughts.
Love, R

Lore said...

You dodged the bullet and I couldn't be happier. Spealing from experience, I had my concerns of coarse, but was pleased with your good attitude. A wake up call is sometimes not such a bad thing for good health practices and for appreciation of things and each other. Love, Mom