Thursday, June 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Ashley!

As I finally have time to sit and write this today Ashley who is on East coast time has already moved onto June 20th.
Twenty four years ago today (the 19th) our lives changed forever.
I remember just before she was born I had a sudden panic and was worried I was under qualified to be a parent (I was) and would never be able to rise to the task.
I think we did okay.
This gorgeous (and smart) baby is now in an "off off" Broadway play, she is totally self sufficient and "living the dream" in NYC.
With good intentions and lots of love, things turned out well.
Live your life as you started it- loud and in control, causing all those around you to fall in love with this magical person.
Happy Birthday Ashley Anne Harrell!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Thanks! That picture is so special - made my morning!

Lore said...

I have to chime in as this was the time we became grandparents.(Oma and Opa) We have enjoyed every minute of it and are certainly proud of the way everything turned out. Mom