Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A moment of pride. . .

As parents most of us can reflect on times when we stood particularly proud and often that involved something our kids did. It starts with small things like actually making it to the toilet on time and grows over time to include athletic, academic and social accomplishments.

Today I had a moment of extreme pride and it was my Mom who inspired it.

You may remember a bit ago when I "revealed" that I had been born Republican and chose to become a Democrat? My parents were both Republicans when they first arrived here as their close circle included all or mostly Republicans. That same circle remains even though some have probably changed their views (or maybe not, who knows). Today my Mom got an email which was one of those stereotypical bashing emails about Obama. She said that deleting it didn't give the satisfaction she needed so she REPLIED ALL and said "Folks, this is hate mail"

Right now I'm standing an applauding this 76 year old woman who simply had enough. A brave step and one that makes me want to stand next to her, hold my head up high, and thank her for saying "enough is enough" Way to go Mom!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Go Oma!!!!

Anonymous said...

Don't mess with Oma! Nice job Mom. The world has enough hate in it. We need more Omas.

Lore said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I wasn't after any praise but you have to just do what's right in life. Having tunnel vision or blinders on does not get the job done correctly. Mom