Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Clean and sober for one day now. . . .

What? It's true, "My name is Linda and I'm a comcast forum-aholic. But, this time I'm kicking the habit.
What is the forum? It's a place where comcast subscribers "meet" to discuss topics of the day. I initially got involved with a relatively innocuous post. Some lady was complaining about Dara Tores being too old to compete in the Olympics. Well, I simply could not let that particular ignorance go by and I schooled her properly. But listen now, this was my gateway posting, it led to a deep a dark addiction. I entered the political sphere.
I argued with right wing boobs until my fingers were raw. I posted retorts full of factual back up, citations and links . . .but still the idiots refuse to listen.
I was thinking about the specific writers who would always read the same thread as me, but were diametrically opposed to my views . . . ."allym" , "Linda K", "jodie from nh", "Bubbah", "patriotguy" etc.

I think I had my epiphany yesterday when some jerk replied, "well whinefamily . . . " Oh yes siree, that was so clever on his part (not) He had taken winefamily and made his little joke, trying to make me look like the jerk. (which is something lots of these guys do) At this point I thought- why am I bothering? who am I even arguing with? I figure (based on spelling and writing abilities) that this isn't the cream of the conservative crop. Probably quite a few unemployed folks who spend their day online, creating a life there. So, I'm done. I haven't returned since yesterday morning and though I'm tempted to see what they are chatting about today, or if anyone has replied to any of my comments, I stay away.

you don't think it's possible do you? there is a fellow who calls himself "deciderguy" . . . . just a thought

1 comment:

Ashley said...

It drives me crazy that you torture yourself like this... you definitely need to block that website from your memory!