Friday, August 8, 2008

my family tree . . .


Thank goodness for personalized ringtones, and for the fact that I always leave my cell phone on.
How many times have you misplaced your cell phone? With luck it isn't on silent and you can simply dial it up and follow the sound. The other day my phone slipped out of my pocket when coming home from SFO after fetching Kyle. We were in Kyle's car. The next day, while sitting in my car before leaving for work I did a quick inventory of things needed and realized I didn't have my phone. Where was it? A quick round of the house revealed no phone, peering through all crevasses of the car also yielded no cell phone. Ah-ha, I'll call it and follow the noise.
Walking throught the house, no noise.
In the garage and my car, no noise.
Out to the drivewasy I could faintly hear the ringtone assigned to the house phone. It's a little song which in assending scale sings "You are, you are, you are my family tree."
Thank you Ashley for creating this ringtone for me, without it my phone will likely still be hiding under the seat in Kyle's car and I'd still be wondering if I've lost my mind.

2 comments:

Lore said...

Congratulations for being resourceful, findung the phone is such a good feeling. How do I know? I've been there. Mom

Anonymous said...

Phones, glasses, socks, nail clippers, keys. They're all in the same gang always trying to make us crazy.