Tuesday, August 19, 2008

not a morning person . . .


Recently we purchased a nifty new alarm clock. It projects the time onto the ceiling, which is prefect for those of us with poor vision! Travis liked it so much that he took the first one I purchased causing me to have to get another- Kyle has his eye on this one but, I digress.

This morning the alarm went off for Randy who mistakenly hit the snooze button when he got up and prepared for work. Ten minutes later it went off again and I groaned thinking it was for me. It took me a bit to realize what had happened and then I saw clearly, getting up at 5:00 to go to Masters swim practice is NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. I am much too much of an evening person- I can't force myself to sleep before 11-12!

Randy and I had a good laugh about this today. He is a morning person- glowing and ready to go at 5:00 am . . . that's when I get my best sleep! I'm a night owl- I can stay up, fully locked and loaded until 1:00 am, no problem. Why change now? This marriage has gone well for 28 years, I think we have a good thing going!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I second that notion. If it ain't broken don't fix it.

Ashley said...

I'm still trying to visualize the clock that projects on the ceiling.... wha?