Wednesday, February 25, 2009

bubbles . . .

Two posts in one day!
I went to the pool today trying desperately to get my February numbers up.
If you know me well, you know I'm not the neatest person around. The past couple of days, apres' swim I haven't hung my suit to dry and have accumulated a pile of wet suits in the trunk. So, since I was in a big hurry I pulled my old pink suit out of dry dock to give it a spin.
oh dear.
I noticed after turns that as I came up my suit would fill with air. Mind you this is a super baggy, stretched suit . . .not a good look. Then, when I made a turn the air would squeeze out and make sort of a big "fart" noise. OMG, I was laughing, and trying not to choke on water.
I kept going though- as if nothing was amiss.
The swim went something like this. Stroke, stroke, stroke, turn (fill with air) swim swim swim, turn- (big fart noise) followed by (fill with air).
I swam 2300 yards before I could take it no more. When I got out of the pool the bottom hung down about 8 inches- it looked like I was wearing a big diaper in my suit.
I showered and intended to dump the suit then and there but held on to it, just in case some very large person ever wants to swim in our pool and doesn't have their own suit- I've got them covered . . . literally.

1 comment:

Lore said...

I am laughing so hard, I am crying. That is what the doctor ordered. Sometimes it is easy to amuse one self and better yet, to share it. Thanks, Mom