Tuesday, February 24, 2009

love and appreciation

After a weekend away from home I returned Sunday night wondering just exactly what I was going to find (having left two "bachelors" alone for the weekend.) When I had parked the Expedition outside I was immediately greeted by Murray and Tucker (no, these aren't the two bachelors, rather happy, exuberant dogs.) I walked inside, wondering what kind of disarray I might find. The family room was tidy, the kitchen was clean and the counter was filled with items already packaged for Ebay. "There you are" was Randy's comment as he came around the corner, a wide smile on his face which lite his eyes. A big hug and kiss followed by "I missed you". You know you can feel when someone is genuine . . . he really was happy to see me, and he really did miss me. The most telling thing here . . . all the wrapped and ready packages on the counter. That is typically "my" job for Ebay and represented hours of work- he had done that for me to save me that work on Sunday evening.
Heart squeeze.

We had a quiet dinner, followed by an evening of Oscar watching while I made the labels for all those packages Randy had done. Kyle was out, not expected home for a couple of hours. Later I called Kyle, wondering when I might see him, he thought they would leave and be home in an hour or so. Well, that hour came and went but I couldn't wait up any longer and took my book off to bed with me. Much later, while I was sleeping, Kyle came in said good night and gently kissed me on the cheek. I actually incorporated this into and dream and it wasn't until yesterday that I asked him about it. "did you kiss me on the cheek last night?" "yes", he replied . . ."I didn't want to scare you, or make you mad by waking you, but I missed you"

As if being loved and missed could ever make a Mom mad.

6 comments:

Ashley said...

So sweet! I will give you a big hug and kiss when you come to New York next month!

Anonymous said...

We definitely do miss you when your gone

Anonymous said...

Stock in Kleenex... how could I have missed that? So sweet... makes me realize how much I take that "missing" for granted!

Brian said...

that was so sweet! i hope to see you next month and tell you how much i missed you!

Lore said...

Another prize winning post. Yes, you are very lucky to have a nice, loving and intact family. So love that sweet boy oops. young man. Love, Mom/Oma

Anonymous said...

Linda and Kyle
Right on , Kyle. Love you both,\
Opa