Saturday, March 15, 2008

An amazing day!


I am, without doubt, the luckiest girl in the world. I have an amazing family and incredible friends.
Today we were scheduled to meet my Mother and Dad (Oma and Opa) for a family wine train trip. Randy, Kyle and I were coming up, Ingrid, Scot and the kids too. With Oma and Opa it meant 9 of us would enjoy lunch on the wine train to celebrate my birthday.
Imagine how I felt when we walked into the train station to find Ashley front and center and quite unexpectedly here from New York and Travis with an equally unanticipated visit from Santa Barbara . . . and the very best friends a girl could ask for.
Randy arranged the entire event, and managed to keep it a surprise.
Through lunch all I could think about was how lucky I was to be surrounded by such incredible people, but each time I considered saying something to the group I choked up and nearly started crying.
Loving friends and family are without doubt the most precious things one can have . . . I am such a grateful and fortunate person to have these amazing people in my life.

4 comments:

Lore said...

Thank you, halalled and touche.
Your loving Mom

Lore said...

Sorry, I did spellcheck and it misled me on halleluja. Mom

Anonymous said...

It was a great day and so much fun. I'm glad you were surprised. I was sweating that for a month. We do have such great friends and family. We are lucky and so am I to have you! I love you SOOOOO MUCH!
Randy

Ashley said...

That was such a fun day! I love you!