Friday, March 28, 2008

spring don'ts . . .

I've got to get a little more consistent with my entries, I'm just not sure where the days go!

To follow up on the last post, spring do's . . . here are a couple spring do nots.


First, and very importantly, please resist temptation to tell me I'm tan.I know I'm tan, I don't want to be tan, I use sunscreen, I know it's not good for my skin, I don't hang out in the sun deliberately working on my tan, it's simply from swimming. I feel much like Magda from "something about Mary" (except where she REALLY tried to tan, I don't . . .and my kids will back me up on this.) A couple of years ago on vacation in Hawaii I spent most of the time at the beach in the shade, came home tan though . . . so much for saving my skin!

Second, and related . . . yes, I know my hair is pretty blond in patches. Again, from swimming.
Periodically I will toss a package of brown dye onto my head but within a few weeks, back are the blond streaks. People don't believe they come "naturally" but trust me, they do. So stifle the comments please. I'm getting better at wearing a cap, hopefully this will help.

Spring "don't" number 3. Resist temptation to let your pool go all winter. I'm paying the price right now trying to get ours from looking like a hiding spot for a lagoon creature. I'd show you a picture (I took one), but don't want you to have nightmares. I've been working on it all week and hopefully by the end of the weekend, it is blue and sparkly again.

Number 4. do not forget to water your new garden. We are actually having our irrigation worked on so this year it will be back to the garden of past with drip working out there- I'm so looking forward to fresh vegetables in a month or two!

that's it for now.
have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Lore said...

I will keep my lips zipped and resist any comment even if I mean them to be positive. Happy gardening and best wishes for good results. There is nothing like going out and picking your own nice fresh vegetables. Mom