Friday, May 2, 2008

Crazy for crocs



At what point do you have too many crocs?

I was talking with Ashley yesterday, excitedly telling her about my newest acquisition some darling crocs we had both spied while at Yankee stadium on another fan. Closed toe, stylish, I ordered them to wear to work. so Ashley says yesterday, "how many pairs do you have now?" a quick add revealed that I own 5 pairs.

The obsession started slowly. First a pair of the regular clog like crocs. In black, these were great for work. Just shortly thereafter I picked up a pair of brown "Mary-Jane's". (also for work). My favorite Nike' sandals were failing me so I acquired a pair of croc flip flops. For my birthday my sister purchased me some really cute brown sandals. Yesterdays delivery brought me to 5.

I love these shoes. They are kind to my tendency toward Plantar fasciitis and don't seem to cause that to flare. They can be tossed in the washer at will (using fabric softener makes them shiny again) and being closed toe- I'm allowed to wear them at work. So, say what you will, I'm a croc lover!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only two here, but it's a new obsession and who knows where it will go. Mine are lined... too warm for spring/summer but too comfortable not to wear. I covet the sandals and predict a pair of those in my future. Make your feet stink? I was blaming that on my son's feet!

Anonymous said...

No wonder I can't sleep at night. I thought it was the chicken coop outside, but it's your feet. Well,there's always nose plugs. I own 0-zero-nil-nada-etc. pairs. I will keep it that way. I'm not a croc fan, but then I've never tried them. Oh well, I probably never will.

Anonymous said...

You have too many pairs when you have one