Monday, May 12, 2008

a quick getaway, birthdays and mother's day . . .

When Ashley moved off to Santa Barbara it seemed very far away initially. Soon however, the distance seemed smaller as we made many trips south to see her in various productions and for other events. Now, with Travis there as a Junior I feel like I can do the drive in my sleep. This weekend Randy and I set off at 7:00 am Saturday, arrived in time for lunch with Travis followed by a whirlwind of activities. We took a trip to the Santa Barbara zoo . . . which is a little ironic as Travis had a trip to the zoo (Oakland) for his 2nd birthday so an early celebration of his 21st at the zoo seemed quite appropriate. At the trip 19 years ago Randy and Travis were covered in Llama spit when they got a little too close at the petting zoo.

There were no Llama's at the Santa Barbara Zoo but I thought this picture, with the giraffe's in the background was a pretty good substitute. After the zoo and a great walk on the beach we had a small rest before we headed off for a great dinner. After dinner it was movie time as we enjoyed "Ironman" . . . (great action figure movie)


Sunday of course was Mother's Day. We enjoyed a great breakfast and then headed off for a quick grocery shop and then the drive home. Once home I was treated to Kyle BBQing dinner and then collapsed into bed.


I'm already looking forward to my next trip to Santa Barbara in June helping Travis settle into his new apartment.


And this is Travis doing his best George Bush impersonation, enjoy!


No comments: