Friday, January 30, 2009

a new nest

Travis has moved!
He was initially so very excited to move into the house he started the school year in but within a short period of time it became pretty clear that this wasn't the ideal situation. Last year he lived with 10 folks, a majority of them being super slobs- Travis found himself doing a majority of the cleaning. This year there are 6 others (I think) who have taken cleaning to a new level. Travis is very neat. He was frustrated when one of the housemates tried to make a chore chart. The same house mate would leave sticky notes reminding him to do certain things. "PLEASE!" It's one thing to communicate, it is quite another to be passive aggressive with your communication. As Travis said, "I'm not 5 years old, just talk to me"
On top of that the personalities in the house were "interesting". There were the passive aggressive folks, the queen bee, the tattle tale folks, and let us not forget the most effeminate gossipy girlie boy who thinks he is fooling people that he isn't gay. Let me just put it out there Daniel- if people believe you are straight, they have issues.
so, Travis and his friend Austin (who lived in the same house with Travis last year) have found a one bedroom to move into. The move saves me $$ each month. Travis is thrilled because Austin stays at his girlfriends most nights giving Travis an apartment to himself most of the time! Brilliant! Let's just hope that relationship stays stable over the next 5 months!

I'm looking forward to visiting soon- I think it looks great!

It just occurs to me that the former roommates probably were not too happy to see the television go!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

His apartment looks great! And as I mentioned to you earlier, I looooove the German floors, haha.

Nice work keeping the blog updated!

Lore said...

Nice apartment, glad Travis no lomger has to clean up after others, that gets frustrating after a while. Mom