Wednesday, April 23, 2008

fitness lost . . .

Geez, you work so freakin hard to get into reasonable swim shape, you finally conquer the mighty flip turn, your 500 split is a bit more respectable and then- a week away from the pool and it's all gone to hell. I was feeling like a real swimmer, maybe not a Natalie Coughlin (duh), more like a retired Shirley Babashoff (have you seen her lately? yikkes) and then, just a week away from the pool and the last two excursions have been hideous.
Yesterday I felt like I was swimming in pudding! Today, though the swim was a bit better, and the splits a little less embarrassing, I kept getting toe cramps that finally sidelined me for the rest of the night. (no worries, I came home, poured a glass of wine and enjoyed Top Chef) Tomorrow I'll give it another go, and keep going back until I conquer this beast. Last night I asked Randy, "did I ever REALLY enjoy this?" I assured me I did, this was a temporary set back. wish me luck!

2 comments:

Lore said...

Perseverance is the key word here and you have what it takes. Keep it up, I am proud of you and the benefit is all yours. Mom

Anonymous said...

Like your son said... weeks to get in shape... days to get out of it! Hang in there!