Wednesday, April 9, 2008

technology is amazing . . .

How in the world did we do things quickly in the past?
Two days ago, during my lunch break, I called Randy and we decided it would be best to investigate using air miles to go to Hawaii this fall to join some friends on their vacation.

Ta-da, in less than 10 minutes I had booked air for the two of us and spent only $10. I remember booking our honeymoon (via a travel agent) nearly 28 years ago. Wow, the time we spent doing that compared to what we can do on our own, via computer now is astounding.



Next job- rental car. Using Costco rates I was able to reserve a car with Avis this morning. Again, about 5 minutes spent! I had the choice of all the major rental agencies and could quickly scroll through all options to find the best rate. I hate to sound like a terribly naive person, but isn't this amazing?

Okay, book flight- check, reserve car- check, staying with friends-check
all that is left to is pack the sunscreen and pick up the rum once we arrive.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm SOOO jealous of your vacay to Kauai... I wish that I had air miles!

Lore said...

Glad to hear you have your vacation all mapped out for this fall. Mom

Anonymous said...

We could write it off for our Kauai condo purchase, but since it's not costing very much maybe we won't. VACATION IS MY FAVORITE WORD. yIPPE!