Wednesday, April 23, 2008

uh-oh . . .


I keep my work keys on a fairly large carabiner and attach that to my big canvas bag that I carry everywhere. Generally, once I arrive at work, I attach my car/post office box and house key to the same carabiner. Today, for some reason, I didn't attach those keys and now I say, "Thank Goodness"
During my Mommy group this morning I had to run and do a quick weight check appointment. Between this and then return to the group I made a quick run into the ladies room. As I bent to flush, my keys (on the carabiner) flopped into the toilet and then the mighty woosh took them down the drain. YIKKES! My supervisor , who retires next Friday, laughed as she admitted- she had never had such a thing happen!
Coincidentaly it's all over the news today that water rationing may begin as soon as May in some East Bay counties. As I remember back to the late 70's and early 80's when low flow flushing toilets were all the rage I could have easily grabbed those before they went down the drain and out to the bay- or realistically- they wouldn't have even made it down the drain.
ah, thank goodness they had copies of the important keys and this is just water under the bridge, (or down the tubes) . . .

2 comments:

Lore said...

I have visions of you reaching into the toilet and grabbing the keys. Lovely thought. Mom

Anonymous said...

Years from now Roto Rooter will discover these keys blocking a main sewer line along with lots of other goodies tangled in the keys and say "How did these get here?"