Tuesday, March 3, 2009

ringtones


What did we do before technology?
As you know (if you have been reading) I have a new I-Phone.
With all me previous phones I have had the kids make me ringtones which I assign to different callers. Randy has the theme from Sanford and Son, Ashley a Cake song called Opera Singer etc.
It's so helpful when you can hear who is calling, run in a sprint if its family and let the phone mail deal with strangers!
Well, the i-phone only lets you have personal ringtones if you use their music. HUH?
So, last night I started a new project.
I found a resource on you-tube and using both of my computer screens put the video on one and worked the other to create new ringtones.
Now the dilemma is what song to assign to who?
Randy is still Sanford and Sons.
Ashley is now Frank Sinatra "New York, New York"
Ingrid is Lady Marmalade "hey sister, soul sister"
Oma and Opa have John Mayer's "Daughters"
and now I'm open for suggestions for other songs. If you suspect you are in my address book- please suggest your own ringtone!

2 comments:

Lore said...

Wish I knew how to do just a simple different ringtone. I have not concentrated on that though. Some day. Mom

Larry Harrell said...

The problem in buying Apple products is that you have to download the Apple superiority software for your brain. That includes surgery to install a USB port in your head. Luckily, Apple software is way more resistant to a virus than PC software.