Monday, March 2, 2009

sad . . .

second post of the day, yippee- but kind of a whining one.
Yesterday I had a wonderful swim. As I said before I'm trying to make up for some lost time and have been hitting it as hard as possible whenever I manage to make it to the pool. Yesterday I put in 4200 yards- no slouch swim to be sure. I must have been exceptionally tired when I left the locker room after my shower because I left my mesh bag behind which contains my goggles, fins and paddles, gloves and beloved Finis swimp3 player which allows me to swim and listen to music during those long swims.

The problem was discovered when at lunch time today I went out to the car to find and recharge my swimp3 player. I quickly placed a phone call to the pool, not yet too nervous as I was one of the last to leave yesterday and it was only 11:30 am this morning. The desk clerk looked but found nothing.

My heart just sunk to my stomach.
I can't swim without my cap or goggles.
I don't really want to swim without my music
My shoulder requires I use the fins as part of my workout.

Insert a long string of epithets here.

Randy, always rational reminds me this isn't a huge issue. "just replace everything"
Oh, I will . . .
and this time I'm going to bedazzle the SHIT out of everything.
I find it hard to believe anyone is going to want to swim with fins or goggles with all kinds of bling on them.

I'm doing it. Imagine this hello kitty bedazzled all over my swim stuff.

something tells me my bag would still be in the locker room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you'll find it. Optimism! If not it's time to get you new gear anyway. The equipment you had is now called VINTAGE. Speaking of vintage maybe you should check to see if it's for sale on EBAY. Let's go out early shopping for your swimming theme birthday present. In fact maybe we should have a birthday swim party and everyone can bring swimming equipment presents. Then we can all decorate your swimming gear with baubles and bling. What an idea. Don't worry be happy.
Love, Sanford