Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Second post of the day

De Quervain's tenosynovitis. Can you say this? It's my latest "issue" Also known as "washerwoman sprain" (clearly not me) or "Mother's wrist" which new mom's get from the repetitive motion of picking up a baby (who's weight increases daily).

from the Mayo clinic website:
In de Quervain's tenosynovitis, the sheath of the tendons on the thumb side of your wrist becomes inflamed or swollen, restricting the tendons' movement. The result with de Quervain's tenosynovitis is discomfort and pain every time you turn your wrist, grasp anything or make a fist.
Treatment for de Quervain's tenosynovitis may range from immobilizing your wrist and taking medications to surgery in more serious cases. If you start treatment early on, your symptoms of de Quervain's tenosynovitis should generally improve within four to six weeks.

From personal experience I can tell you that it also interferes with sleep.
I haven't had an uninterrupted night of sleep since Saturday when this flared.
Today I was fitted with a large splint, and a smaller wrist splint. So NYC here I come, splints and all.

Looks like my knitting will have to wait for now!

2 comments:

Lore said...

Sorry about your discomfort. I hope it will not last for too long. Mom

Anonymous said...

hey all, I used to be just checkin’ out this weblog and I actually admire the idea of the article, and have nothing to do, so if anybody would like to to have an engrossing convo about it, please contact me on AIM, my identify is heather smith
Thanks for taking the time to debate this, I really feel strongly about it and love learning extra on this topic. If potential, as you achieve experience, would you thoughts updating your blog with extra information? This can be very helpful for me.
Very effectively written information. Will probably be helpful to anyone who usess it, including myself. Sustain the great work – for certain i'll take a look at more posts.


Tegretol buy | Tegretol without a prescription