Monday, February 4, 2008

against the odds


If you were have to bet on the NY Giants in the super bowl today you would be in your money house, counting all you money. For the past two weeks I've been secretely (or not so quietly) wishing that NY would win yesterday. Each time I expressed this notion it was dashed by the ney sayer who would comment that "Patriots will win". When the online betting started the Patriots were favored by 11.5 points. Lots of New Yorkers took that bet and are happy today!

So, now we roll into the next "super" and that is Super Tuesday. Online betting in California reads like this. Bet 8 on Mr. Obama and you get 11. Hillary is even money.


Well, I believed in the Giants and as you've heard many times over, this Mama is for Obama.




Keeping my fingers crossed that he beats the odds (and Hillary).

remember to vote tomorrow!


and by the way,
over the weekend the Republican party was doing some telephone surveying. Twice we got calls (becauase Randy is a registered Republican) and it was an automated system asking me to punch various buttons to answer the question, "if I was to vote in the Republican primary on Tuesday, who would I vote for" . Well, clearly they didn't want ME to respond, however I listened VERY carefully and not once did they ask for any person in particular or ask if I was indeed a Republican. That in mind, I answered the survey (twice) and both times gave my support to Ron Paul. . . . wonder what that does to the survey numbers?

3 comments:

Lore said...

Well, I hope your guy wins. We had several phone messages from Hillary. The second message I had trouble erasing from the answering machine. I got it done though.

Anonymous said...

Well today we got 1 call at home for McCain, 4 for Obama and I got one special message at work from Mitt's wife. I love all the special treatment we get.

Anonymous said...

As I was fueling my guilty pleasure at Carl's Jr. (Santa Fe chicken sandwich w/crisscut fries) yesterday, I was pleased to see a group of 'Mama's for Obama' holding signs and requesting honks from the oncoming traffic!