Tuesday, February 12, 2008

disjointed thinking

I haven't been able to shake the cobwebs out of my head lately and come up with any good blog topics so today it's just a little potpourri if you will and some updates.

1. Flip turns: these are progressing moderately well. Last night I had horrible toe cramps which threatened to shorten my swim but I hung in there and made more than 50% of my turns gymnastic events! I'm leaving in about 1/2 hour for today's adventure at the pool, wish me luck!

2. String theory, next measurment. I finally took some yarn out today and did the next measurments. Suprisingly the newest strings add up to about 5-6 inches less than the originals. yipeee.

3. Shelf life. Does your body have a shelf life? I'm not happy to find that as I near my 50th birthday my body has decided that it's time to start the break down. I must add here that by "breakdown" I mean start giving me signals that things are "changing" I've been having more frequent headaches, disjointed thinking, interrupted sleep and what I finally recognized yesterday as hotflashes . . . arghhhhhhh guess you know what that means . . . . it's official, I'm becoming a crone. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crone
4. Well this "hag" is going to put on her bathing suit and hit the pool. I challenge any other old crone out there to do the same! Eat my bubbles.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janet Evans eat your heart out. YEAH BABY!

Ashley said...

Good job on your string theory progress!

Lore said...

Hot flashes huh? Welcome to mature age. You are not over the hill, you are just slowly approaching the hill. There is still a lot to do on the other side. Mom