Thursday, January 17, 2008

brought to you by the letter B

Last night, as I was swimming, my mind wandered (as it always does) to what I can write about next in my blog. What I did think about was how children are taught using very simple concepts. I remembered hearing a conversation over the weekend (between teachers) as to what letter of the week was being studied. I remembered how much "fun" it was to come up with words associated with the letter of the week. So, for me, I am concentrating on a letter of the day. I've arbitrarily chosen "B". Why? I don't know, it just felt right.

So, swimming away I wondered how I could associate B with anything going on. . . hmmmmmm

In December I made the arbitrary decision to stop drinking any booze. (normally I would just say alcohol but that didn't go with my theme) My thought process was to eliminate most allergens and so far, I must say, I think my allergy situation is improving. I had read somewhere that alcohol may increase allergic reactions, anything to be able to stop the nighttime benadryl was worth a shot. Stopping the benadryl has improved my sleep incredibly- as Kyle reminded me the REM sleep cycle is interrupted by benadryl. I no longer have the bleah feeling when I wake up which I attributed to the benadryl hangover. My next thing to delete from my diet is dairy- and to remain in the spirit of "B" I will call it bovine products. Yesterday I bought some soy cheese and I must say, not bad!

So why all the changes? well, very shortly I'm celebrating a big birthday. When I started thinking about being 50 I realized that it was quite important to take the best care possible of myself so that I could be around for a long time, counting blessings. So, to keep blood pressure in check and to have good blood tests, I'm making the proposed changes.

Boring? I hope not, and now I bid you farewell, I'm off to see a movie with my movie buddy!


I just had a happy thought! My candidate is Barack! Yipee for B

yeah, I know Bush is B too, don't rain on my parade. . . I will not highlight him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BRAVO!

Anonymous said...

As far as your last paragraph why not change your BACKWARDS BUSH calender to GO GEORGE GO until you get to the letter G.