Saturday, January 5, 2008

setting goals


I returned from my swim today with cold fingers and toes. Brrrr, it was cold. With all the wind from the last two days of storming, the tarps evidently had blown off at night and the pool lost a significant amount of heat. I only had the umph for 2000 meters today which translates to about 1 1/4 mile. Once home Randy suggested that I track my mileage for the year. Pretty easy to do as it's only the 5th, and due to the holiday I've only swam twice since the first. Randy thought a good goal for the year would be 300 miles. Sounds a bit lofty to me, but heck, I'll see what I can do with it! oh, and in case you are wondering, still no success at the flip turn. . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll talk to Tucker about teaching you the flip turn

Ashley said...

That sounds like a great idea! You should update us weekly in this blog on your running total! (Or should I say "swimming" total?) :)

Lore said...

With that kind of goal there is no room for procastination. Weel you have the discipline so all you have to do is to stay healthy. Good luck. Nice article.