Friday, January 18, 2008

blackmail on the internet? . . . .

you must send this within 10 minutes of reading it to at least 5 people or you will have bad luck.
blah blah blah or you will gain 10 pounds
yada yada yada or your spouse will leave you, your hair will fall out, you will lose all your money . . .whatever.
Is anyone else out there as sick as I am of these emails? Who sends them along?
When you get one, are you secretly worried, just a little, that if you don't comply- some evil will befall you? Do you send it along, just to hedge your bet?

If you do, please take me off your list.

I got one in my in box today, and since I do not plan to forward it to anyone I have been warned, " This is the real Deal, try ignoring or changing it, and the first thing you'll notice is having a horrible day starting tomorrow morning - and it only gets Worse from there." ohhhhhh spooky!

Well I have news for Mr Badluck- I'm headed to Santa Barbara tomorrow to visit my son, I anticipate ANYTHING but a horrible day.
So fellow cynics, join me in deleting this mush from our in-boxes. Thank you but we are going to be making our own good luck!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on this, sista!

Anonymous said...

I agree. I resent being intimidated electronically...I have a tough enough time human to human!

Anonymous said...

That's my girl!

Lore said...

If there is a good way to tell all your friends who want to entertain or warn you of bad things on a daily basis, I would like to know. There are good ones occasionally and I appreciate those but all the rest I would like to say:"Get a life". Mom

Ashley said...

I delete most anything that has "Fw:Fw:Fw:Fw" in the subject line!