Tuesday, January 8, 2008

unintended noises


It could be my age, it could be my size, my fitness level, I'm not sure the reason but I find myself making little unintended groans occasionally. It's a sound I expect from an old man, not a nearly 50 year woman. Don't worry, I'm not groaning for no reason- it's usually during some sort of exertion. Murray makes a sound every time he lays down, a long exhale with a rumble in the back of his throat. I am finding myself making some noises recently too. Thank goodness they aren't as deep and resonating as Murray's, but I'm hoping to stop it before they get that way!


My car is low to the ground, when exiting it's a bit of a workout and on occasion and I'm finding myself making that "ughhh" noise, do you know the one I mean? I've always had super good control on involuntary noises. The only exception in memory was that weird jungle growl I remember making when Kyle was born . . sorry- TMI. Anyhow, I started thinking about this today when I was swimming. (3500 meters, not a single flip turn). There was a man in the lane beside me and with each breath he made an "ugh" sound. Worried I started analyzing my breathing and wondering if any noise was escaping as I gulped for air. I didn't want people to refer to me as the lady who grunts as she swims, and can't make flip turns. I think I'm safe, I didn't hear any noises.
Great, something new to worry about!
as Homer would say "D' oh"


6 comments:

Ashley said...

Murray certainly does have an interesting grunt fashion... though I think there may be different grunts for when he lays down and when he's showing appreciation for being loved - that's my favorite one!

Anonymous said...

Now I thought the exertion grunt was just a tennis thing...thinking the resulting sound must be so much more interesting with water involved!

Lore said...

Hpe you are o.k. I will stay away from asking questions about that, as I might ask the wrong questions, will just listen (or read that is) and observe. Mom

Anonymous said...

Tucker is still waiting to train you on your turn. Murray says that is just a love grunt, nothing to do with his age.

Anonymous said...

That grunt of mine is just to let you know how much I love you.

Anonymous said...

No, Murray is just old.